Thursday 18 September 2014

Oldhammer Quest the game.

Just a quick post to show off some photos of the game I just enjoyed with my fellow East Anglian Oldhammerers (well they're almost all from Bedfordshire). OGRE as we call ourselves met at my place, that's Erny's non-virtual place, for a bit of dungeon bashing.

We used 3rd ed rules and randomly rolled level 5 characters against a dungeon of nasties GMed by myself. I've tweaked the rules and at some point when play testing is done I'll stick them on the blog if anyone is interested. Enough of the wittering here are some photos.

Bat swarm, the ranger has to burn a fate point.

The adventurers make Short work of WPs swamp Troll.

Goblins are quickly dispatched.

Then they find the dungeons...dungeon.

Orc sleeping quarters. Murder hobos stop only to loot the bodies.

Well after a brief fight.

The thief opens the door on some of Snicket's rats

At the same time the elf finds another bat swarm.

What's cooking?

They breeze through goblins.

I should have taken more dungeon eye level photos.

How the game ended, area cleared two doors to open.

And just because I forgot to show all the guys when they came over here is Zagor from Otherworld in his Fighting Fantasy blister pack.



12 comments:

  1. Lovely....looking forward to seeing your rule ideas! Looks like you all had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it was good fun, I think the rules need more work to crank up the dungeon crawl but they served well enough.

      Delete
  2. Very exciting, really wish I could have been around for this one.

    I must point out though, the correct abbreviation for Whiskey Priest is 'no. 2'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have been nice to have you too WP.

      Delete
  3. How come you forgot to show us that? Also have you found the internet proof for the 'dungeonquest' figures yet? Paul - I think we should refer to you 'Senior' ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just forgot, maybe get him painted up for next game?

      Oh and I found the proof online, proof I was wrong. They are from a GW board game though Warlock of Firetop mountain so it turns out you did see some FF miniatures.

      http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Warlock_Of_Firetop_Mountain

      Delete
    2. Senior works for me, it also explains and excuses my forgetfulness all at once.

      Delete
  4. Forgot to say, thanks for having us all over, it was a great giggle and I hope it's the first of many such evenings. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great, looking forward to some games on Ferrograd.

      Delete
  5. Great looking game! i'd be interested in seeing what rules you have come up with as i'm thinking along the same lines myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a few more games to tweek the rules would be good before posting them up for all to use but I'd be happy to send you them as they exist now if you figure you could use them and let me know what you think. The emphasis is very much on using 3rd as written without changing too much.

      Delete
  6. Very, very cool! Have been wanting to try this for some time!

    ReplyDelete