Wednesday 1 July 2015

Oldhammer Ahoy: Sea Elf Ship

I thought I'd best post some progress with one of the BOYL15 projects I have on the go. My sea elf ship for warhammer ahoy, or perhaps Oldhammer Ahoy.





I wanted a ship no more advanced than a cog but built as only the sea elves would know how. The aftcastle will have perches for giant eagles and shaped stone porjectiles for them to carry and drop as per the pick up rocks rule in the main  rule book. It will have a lanteen rigging and at least one mast in the centre, another if I can get one on without taking up too much room. Currently my masts ar too big so alternates need to be sourced.


She is build from a core of blue foam and clad for speeds sake in depron which has been scored with a wood effect and planks. I have until the end of the week to finish the build and will be adding details up untill then.


15 comments:

  1. JA JA JA. That is going to be magnificent! I can't wait to see the finished product. I can already tell that the texture is going to be amazing. It is right out of "All The Dwarves Luv a Sailor"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matthew. I haven't tried scoring depron before so lets see how t works out.

      Delete
  2. Bang up job Erny!!

    Nothing like a deadline to get things moving along is there :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No there really isn't. Just hope I haven't left it too late.

      Delete
  3. Great start to what will be a great ship I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely already - a true scratchbuild! Can't wait to see the eyrie in the aftcastle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaks Thants, your ship is looking good too. And I'm sure your giant eventually. I'm begining to think mine is going to look a bit of a tiddler.

      Delete
  5. Very promising ! I think this OH Ahoy table will be a feast for the eyes (and for the ears I suppose)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good...is that the Elvish sail in the background of the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't considered chintz sails but you may be onto something. More realistically if I get close to the sails you made for your Broadsword and the beast ship.

      Delete
  7. Great stuff. Love to see it finished with bolt throwers et al

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! What name are you baptising it with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The name is still a work in progress. I'll baptise her before the battle though.

      Delete