|Really sorry Zhu, your work has sort of been adopted but we can always look elsewhere.|
First to consider the look. Part of me thinks a nice B&W amateur look is where this should go. A bigger part thinks if it had a passing resemblance to the way an old once beloved gaming mag used to look then that would hit all the right buttons.
Next I'll run through a few ideas that would be great to include in the fanzine in no particular order.
|Every great mag starts somewhere.|
- An 'evy Metal section. Showcase different Oldhammerers best minis. If we could persuade someone with loads of talent like Dave King (who has already done a few 'eavy Metal homages) to be a resident Blanche or McVey for us so much the better.
- An introduction to the rules. A good look at 3rd and 2nd for the uninitiated.
- Scenarios. Thantsants has already proposed some generic scenarios, it would be great to have these as part of the fanzine. Expand on as an example introductory scenario even?
- Counters for the scenario just like they used to provide. That way anyone new with access to the rules but no miniatures can play.
- New Oldhammer. Tips on playing the old way with new games. Reviews of modern games that capture the spirit of oldhammer.
- Oldhammer reviews. Reviews of those expensive or rare, usually both, collectors items. Are they worth it? What should you expect to pay?
- Interviews with those in the, "scene", about their involvement and passion.
- A cartoon, why not?
- Decent art work. We can't rip off old WD art we need our own.
- Fighting fantasy corner. Do we branch out and cover other old school things and broaden appeal or stay focused?
- WHFRP corner?
- Heroquest corner?
- Pipe dream time: Interviews with those who were there? Hero Hammers.
Well if anyone has any ideas, plans, wants to be involved let me know.