Thursday 8 October 2015

Orctober week one.




 Presenting a quick roundup of Orctober 2015 week one. A little late but we've had a week and a day of Orctober now so I thought a quick round up of what has been produced so far.

Sadly no discussions about gaming, literature, art, scenarios or stories yet but a few speedy painters have finished some great models for us to gorp at and a good number of people have promised something in the future.






 Finished stuff so far, blogs first:



I love the fresh 90's scheme on these foundry and blacktree sculpts. The diverse skin tones are also very nice, lets see them in one of Javier's awesome battle reports now!





Great little goblin with an awesome shield that owes a little to Blanche and to Miller. Grubby and chaotic.





Apparently this was the first figure ever painted by RV so it's an honour he stripped it and painted it up again for us. Looks great.




Part of his Thistlewood project the Lund Hobgobs look pretty mean. Their leader is actually an orc though I think he is pretending to be a Hobgoblin. I really like the glossy toy soldier look of these er.. toy soldiers.


Bulldog Lopez's Harboth.


As usual a great PJ from BL the gut plate couldn't be more late 80's GW. Really nice and clean paint yet dirty and rusty at the same time. More assorted orcs have been promised.

Laava has given us some great orc boar boys with his first post ever (well at least under that name):


A little bit pastel the unit looks super. The unusual yellow and green shields and banner work well and the boars are just great, love the ginger one. Hope to see more from Laava!


There you have it, week one. Internet points for the first written article, bit of art or even Ork for Orctober and do let me know if I've missed anything from this first week.



13 comments:

  1. Great round-up, Erny! I'm in awe of some of those miniatures, like Harboth or those hobgoblins.

    I just posted some pictures of an orc fleet for Man O'War, plus a little short story to accompany it (the continuing adventures of my hapless orc general, Krapfang). I see that you've noted that there are not a lot of stories so far... so I hope it gets the ball rolling. I wanted to imagine why and how orcs would take to the water in the first place...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some lovely stuff indeed, though I'd point out that your Harboth is just as good as this one, a slightly different style but just as good. Nice story by the way, I'm not to up on ManO'war but the ships look great, the sails very mid 90's in a good way and the ships themselves your usual naturalistic twist..

      Delete
  2. Good afternoon. I am interested in the event. I repaint Greenskin army. Unfortunately, I have little old miniatures, so I'm working with a new plastic. If it does not fit, tell me and I will no more send links. If OK, here's my first squad: http://awiblackpowder.blogspot.ru/2015/10/greenskins-re-paint-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, yes you are very welcome, I'd had a look at you first post and I took it as an intention to repaint your orcs and goblins. Be sure I'll include your spider riders in the next round up.

      Delete
  3. Hey Erny, thanks for entering the Hobgoblins for Orctober. They are certainly in good company. BTW, the leader is a Lund hobgoblin chief, and the odd man out is an Asgard orc, second row back second from the right . Looking forward to seeing more gribbly orcs over the next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure and also my bad on the misidentified orc. I thought the leader worked well, for the sake of being correct I'll update my post some time soon. Pleasure to feature you work.

      Delete
  4. Aren't they just. Do you mean the 4th ed black orcs by Marauder Kev ones? We'd love to see them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mate, really looking forward to seeing those orcs painted up! I've got a couple of them, but nowhere near the full set (yet). I've jumped on the bandwagon with a little project of my own for the month that's in it, if you'd care to take a look, I'd be greatly obliged😊
    http://buriedunderlead.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/orctober.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erny,
    Not sure if this is in keeping but it's a Gorka Morka / Deathrace 40K mash up with loads of ork Trukks,
    http://riotvilleonfire.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/death-race-40000-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff from everyone. Some I hadn't seen yet, I really should go on the forum more. I did do something a couple of weeks ago. I posted it on FB etc. I gave you the link in an older post, but I'll post it again here for ease of finding it.

    http://seanswgcorner.blogspot.com/2015/10/orctober-first-orc-plastic-black-orc.html

    Look forward to the next bunch o Orcs.

    ReplyDelete