Having signed up to a big 3rd ed siege game for BOYL14 it is probably about time I got my units ready. I've decided to experiment with the dips that are available from a bunch of companies these days. The idea being to get the units finished in record speed. I've also decided to take the figures to base coat and washed (rather than dipped) first and moving straight onto an new unit. This doesn't mean they are finished, just gameable with, in case I fail to finish everything to more exacting standards.
Here is the first unit I've finished to the stage where I'm happy to move on but looking forward to go back and finish.
Here we have eighteen crossbows, the three with plastic crossbows are from my original 1980's collection, most of the rest are original citadel picked up from ebay and the obvious ones are from the re-released foundry-citadel mercenaries.
Landsknechtes so I haven't gone for a riot of colour.
I'm looking forward to getting back to these and doing the highlights to properly finish these but once the bases are done they are usable now and I still have a lot to do.
Speaking of which here is a single picture of the next unit I'm going to paint up to this stage: